PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I didn't realize it has been so long since the last post. I assure you, it is not from a lack of things to report, but a lack of time in which to report them. After a week of non-stop action, today the kids and I are sitting are sitting around doing nothing. I am writing this blog so I can keep procrastinating the start of cleaning up the house. I don't have one theme or story to tell this time, so below you will just find random transcripts/stories from my life spanning the past ten days.

The evening of July 1, Rich and I took our children to see the fireworks at Pfiffner Park in Stevens Point. Darkness descends, the fireworks are starting, the kids are impressed, and some persons car alarm goes off every time the fireworks sound. Noah thought this was the most hilarious thing ever. By the third time it happened, I was ready to throw a rock through the car window so the alarm had a reason to go off. By the fifth time, Rich and I were exchanging annoyed looks, but Noah was laughing so hard almost had tears coming out of his eyes. I said, "Noah, why is this funny?" He said, "I don't Mom, I just can't stop laughing about it." We started laughing because Noah's laugh was so infectious. Even the people around us were chuckling after awhile. Noah definitely made an extremely annoying situation much better.

This quick to laughter child is the same child however, on the following Friday, after I came home from the Bon Jovi concert, told me, with tears streaming down his face, that, "Mom, while you were gone, Daddy made us eat leftovers!" I barely held a straight face. I very solemnly replied: "Yes, Noah, I understand. My daddy used to make me eat leftovers, too!" "Poor Noah" had to endure leftovers from our July 4th cookout. I don't know how he has survived living here this long.

The kids also spent two days with my Mom and Dad this past weekend so that Rich and I could attend the Toby Keith concert at Summerfest. (The concert was fantastic, the ninety five degree heat and humidity not so great.) I called to see how everything was going and Jon said, things are great, the beach was fun, and then asked if I would buy him a pack of Pokemon cards because he didn't get to see me for two days. Do these kids get a manual on how to compile guilt? Wow. That one caught me out of left field, too, but I was on the phone, so I didn't need time to compose myself before I said, "NO!"

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs