PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lauren Tidbits

I know how dare I come out of hiatus and not even mention the Princess Supreme Lauren? Well, her updated nickname is Gracity Goo, which is a new development since starting the blog. One day I was exasperated with her and yelled, "GRACITY!" The name took off from there. Now she thinks I should have named her Gracity Goo instead of Lauren Grace.

Last night Lauren was rooting for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and told her dad and brother if they were the red Penguins (Detroit) they would be the winners (of the Stanley cup). I love three year old logic. It's brutally painful.

She also told Brandon she was not his sister anymore. I am not quite sure how that all came about, but one minute they were playing together reasonably well and the next she was yelling, "Fine, Brandon, I am not your sister anymore." Brandon asked Rich and I if she could really stop being his sister as she was stomping off to her room. Once we answered him that she was stuck for life, as many of us with brothers come to find out, he laughed, shrugged, and went back to what he was doing. She decided to be his sister again before bedtime; I guess it all works out in the end.

Lauren is very excited about the move to our new house. She is very excited for me decorate a "Princess Room" for her. I keep telling her if she is in it, it is already a Princess room, no decorations, paint, or frills needed, but she fails to understand my humor/wit/sarcasm.

She is still a girly girl that loves dresses and nail polish but can hold her own on a playground or with her brothers.

In mid-February, Rich was reading Lauren a new story, which happened to be a Halloween story (of course it did because it was the middle of winter and we were starting to prepare for Easter). He was doing a fantastic job of telling this story to her...reading with inflections in his voice, making spooky sounds....with Lauren sitting on his lap, her properly afraid, but not too afraid...when they came to a part in the story where the text read: "And do you know who was at the door?"

Ms. Lauren looked up at her daddy, all big, matter-of-fact, blue eyes, and before he could turn the page, she popped out: "PIZZA!" just as unfrightened as you please.
Well, that threw Rich off his pace of the story. He put the book down and looked at her and replied, "What, get the door, it's Domino's?"

All in all, like her brothers, she is growing way to fast and becoming way to independent. She will be attending 4K, five days a week, only mornings, this fall.

As happy as I will be for her to make her own friends and start her academic career, I will be lost without my Gracity Goo.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs