PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Starting Summer

Last night, against my better judgement, I set up Noah's Slip-n-Slide. I am so happy I told my better judgement to shut up. The kids and I had so much fun. It was hilarious watching the boys trying to figure out how to slide on their bellies and get some distance. Again, ignoring my better judgement and my back, I couldn't resist anymore and had to show them how it was done. Thank Goodness the kids are young; they are still easy to impress. I felt so blessed to be able to spend a warm summer night laughing and playing together, almost like a normal family, instead of the usual episode of the Simpson's I seem to be living.

That experience was definitely a few steps above taking the kids to Oshkosh (1 hr 15 minutes one way) yesterday, so Rich could have lunch with the kids. Rich just opened a BWW there and wanted to see the kids. I didn't have a good reason to say, "No." (Had I thought it out, I could have come up with at least twelve.) The kids were reasonably well behaved during lunch, unlike my husband who would have rather been "motivating" his employees, but the car ride in 88 degree weather nearly killed me.

We don't have individual-controlled air conditioning in the very back of the van, so I let the kids open the windows. The other option would have been to baste the kids with water, turn them over, and let them finish roasting. So, given the heat and the fact they would not stop bickering, it was not a fun trip. Although, Rich did give the boys a "come to Jesus" speech, as he so fondly refers to his talks, which helped immensely. Last night all I had to ask was, "What did Dad say to you?" to curb the bickering.

Jon and I have started soccer and the summer reading program kicks off next week. Rich and I plan on taking the kids to the Milwaukee Zoo and the kids and I are probably going to Minnesota. We are only 1 1/2 hours from Wisconsin Dells, so Rich and I are definitely going to one of the water parks, with or without the kids. No matter what we do, I am sure there will be plenty of (mis)adventures to report from this part of the world.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs