PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tornado Update

Fortunately for us here in Stevens Point, the first tornado watch turned into the Tornado That Wasn't. We had the wind, the hail, and the gray skies, and some touchdowns in surrounding cities; nothing here except drama in the toy room.

After the weather alarm sounded citywide, I let the kids watch the hail for a minute and then hustled them downstairs. As soon as I joined them, Brandon said: "Tornadoes kill people you know." Just matter of fact, like 'Hey, it's true, What's the problem?', was my little professor of doom.

Which prompted Noah to reply: "My heart is breaking because I don't want to die."

Which Jon replied with, "Well, Noah, if you're dead, all of us and our friends probably will be too, so it doesn't really matter."

Which led me to think that it might be less painful to walk outside and into the eye of the storm because at least the pain would be quick and fast, unlike the prolonged agony of talking the Kings of Gloom and Doom down off the Cliff of Drama.

After the storm cleared and I reassured everyone it was safe, we walked back upstairs, ate supper, and sampled the cupcakes Noah is bringing to school tomorrow. I just chased the kids outside to get a little fresh air and give myself a break. The weather is calm for now; we are under warnings until midnight. I will try to keep everyone updated through the blog.

P.S. The DS's and Pokemon cards survived the first round. Lucky me. Rex/Lauren was as content as could be and sat in the middle of the floor drawing on her Doodle Board. Apparently, severe weather doesn't bother our puppy or our little girl.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs