PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Clarifications & Vacation Bible School

Apparently, given some of the questions I have received and one statement made by my husband, I need to make some clarifications regarding the previous two posts. Here they are:

1. When Jonathon had his little, shall we say outburst, he was referring to Noah's habit of leaving the Game Boy in the minivan, without turning it off, so that the battery (juice) is dead for the next user, who has to find the charger, plug it in, etc. Which, while not life altering, is mighty annoying, having been victim to it myself. However, and as was discussed with Jon, was not a justification for his word choice.

2. When Lauren rolled the bubble gum in her dress, it wasn't already chewed. It was a package of Bubble Tape, which is bubble gum that comes in a circular plastic case. The plastic case where the bubble was contained is what she actually rolled up in her dress. I had just paid for the gum and we were very close to the entrance of the gas station when that little scene took place. Thank Goodness it wasn't already chewed. Trying to get out ABC bubble gum out of her dress while covering up her princess underwear and keeping track of the boys probably would have been the thing that had me permanently committed to the Home for Clinically Insane Mothers.

3. I was informed by Richard, in a very persnickety voice, that the children did NOT show my husband how to use the game feature on his Blackberry, that he had already figured it out before they had showed him, and "Even I know how to play PONG!" The kids told me they showed Daddy how to play his game. In turn, I misrepresented the actual facts in the previous blog. I apologize. To my readers and my husband.

4. Jon and Noah have both learned about God and the Bible. Shockingly, neither have died nor run away from home like promised. I did not explain Bible School before they heard me enrolling them and they had the misconception that it was like real school. They wanted no part of real school any earlier than necessary. Again, not a justification, but just a little insight so I am better prepared for next time.

Vacation Bible School is going better than expected. Everyone really enjoys it. Although, you would never guess by watching Brandon because he keeps trying to run out the front door. However, when I told him he and I were not going to come back on Wednesday, he started crying that he really loves being at Bible School. Would who ever forgot to return the parenting manual "How to Read Your Child's Mind?" to library please do so now? It is way overdue. And I need it. Yesterday.

Lauren is just so much fun to watch sing the songs, make her crafts, and play the games. Each child is experiencing Bible School at different level, but it is so interesting to watch the older children help the younger children. The older girls just love taking Lauren around and helping her with activities.

So far, so good though. No fires or major damage at the church. I am mostly sane and last night was finally able to get Brandon back on a regular sleep schedule after the disruption "vacation" caused. Nine (mostly) solid hours of sleep and the world is good again.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs