PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2007

More Updates

The last post was getting rather lengthy, but did not cover all the thing that have been going on here as of late, so here are the rest of the updates.

Friday, I called to enroll the kids in Vacation Bible School. As I was talking to the church coordinator to enroll all four children, Jonathon and Noah were in the background screaming, yes that is the correct adjective, such gems, such as, "You can't make me learn about God!" and "I won't read the Bible!" and "I won't behave at that school!"

Seriously, is there a support group for this kind of thing? Or a punch card? Like after so many embarrassing episodes parents automatically receive a day at a spa? After I hung up the phone, I thought I was going to have to go Bible School so they could perform an exorcism on me because my head was spinning and I was screaming. Not the "f" word my eight year old seemed to like, but more like, "What have I told you about screaming when I am on the phone, etc., blah, blah, blahity, blah, blah."

Princess Lauren celebrated her third birthday yesterday. We had family and friends over to help us commemorate yesterday. In a moment of complete insanity and impulsiveness, I bought a pinata, which was a huge success. Lauren's godparents, Rebecca and Clint, bought her a dress-up trunk, which contains different "princess outfits" that she can mix and match to her hearts content. Lauren loves it. She wanted to sleep in one of her outfits, of course. Personally, I think some of these outfits are a little more "Crackhead Barbie" than "Pretty, Pretty Princess," but then I remember what I wore in the nineties and how I did my hair and realize I have no right to judge.

Jonathon and Brandon will start soccer at the YMCA on Saturday's starting September. Noah will start Flag Football then. Rich & I will be coaching those teams, respectively. Also, Jonathon will be in competitive soccer next year, playing for a Portage County team, traveling and going to tournaments, so we are very excited for him to pursue his passion of soccer at the next level. Noah will be pursuing his love of baseball at the same time, but traveling baseball doesn't start until he is eleven years old, so he has a few more years of games in Stevens Point before his traveling opportunities starts.

As of September 4, Jon starts 3rd grade, Noah 2nd grade, and Brandon will be in 4 year old kindergarten in the afternoons. The boys are very excited for the new school year to start, and as usual I have mixed feelings. I am excited and a little sad that my boys are growing up so quickly. By week three of school I will (mostly) be relieved and happy that I am not their one woman entertainment director anymore. School supplies and clothes are mostly bought. Jon and Noah need tennis shoes, but I am afraid to buy them less they grow three sizes between now and September 4.

Rich is gearing up for the fall sporting season. BWW issued the Regional Managers "Crackberries", or Blackberries as they referred to by polite society, so he is learning how to use all the features. I am sure the kids could figure it for him. They already showed him how to use the game features.

My migraines are much better. I am graduated from physical therapy and feel like I have some of my life back now that I don't have a constant headache. I do not know how people in chronic pain manage on a daily basis. It is draining to go through every day being that uncomfortable.

Well, Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow. I am sure there will be nothing relaxing or vacationing about it, so I will keep you posted.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs