PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Running on A Full Circuit

In Mo Willems wonderful book, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, the pigeon says: "But I'm a curious bird."

Rich and I have used this line often to explain the unexplainable messes and conundrums in which our children tend to find themselves.

For example when one child explained his attempt his lack of a Mother's Day gift:

"I wanted to create a heart that was attracted to a magnet using parallel circuits for your Mother's Day present, so I took two wires, two light bulbs, two batteries, and put the magnet in the middle. The heart was on the side.

Something went wrong though because sparks started coming out of one of the batteries, and...honestly, I quit befoe I burned down the house."

My first thought was, "But I'm a curious bird."

There are times I wonder if Rich and I have done too good of a job instilling a sense of wonder and exploration of the world around them in our children.

My second thought was, "Thank you Lord that you gave my child the gift of common sense."

The best part of Mother's Day really is having my house intact.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs