PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Doing What Needs To Be Done

While jamming at the Tom Pease concert last week with Brandon and I, Lauren wanted to go up stage and join the other kids more.than.anything.else.

She screwed up all her courage.  She walked down the the steps of theater and made it all the way down to the bottom step.

Then...

She ran all the way back up to Brandon and I and told us she couldn't do it.

So, I told her if she really wanted to be on the stage, to go back down the steps, get up on the stage, and join the other kids.

This would seem incredibly mean of me, unless you know that Lauren has been on that same stage almost ten previous times.  So, I wasn't asking her to do something she was incapable of doing, I just wasn't coddling her.

So, Lauren ran back down the stairs and stopped at the bottom of the stage.

Brandon was watching everything and not saying a word.

He looked at me, looked at Lauren, looked at me, and said, "I've got this." and then took off after his sister.

He walked down the steps, said something to Lauren (I don't know what and I will never ask), but the the next thing I know...

Lauren is on stage, smiling, singing, and dancing.

Brandon is right next to me (and I have tears in my eyes) the embarrassed recipient of my hugs:  "That was a wonderful thing you did for your sister!"  

"Aw, Mom, I just did what needed to be done!"

Indeed, you did son.  Indeed you did.

2 comments:

apb223 said...

Such an awesome big brother!!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Hooray for good big brothers!

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs