PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I swear I didn't raise my hand!

I am starting to suspect that I am addicted to volunteering.

Not in a bad way. Just in a "let me eat the last Oreo so my kids don't have too" kind of way.

Jobs have to get done. Oreo's are yummy. I'm capable. I don't want the kids to fight. So I say yes to the project. And the Oreo.

I'm not unhappy.

The reason I bring this up is because I am attempting to put myself in a "volunteering time-out."

The time-out is turning out to be an utter and total epic fail.

I have two projects that I agreed to before the time-out....and kind-of another one in the works...alright, two....I just remembered the email I sent last week. *blush*

What I have learned throughout this process is this: I need to be wise when I volunteer my time, talent, or resources. It's perfectly okay to say, "No, not this time."

When I am able to fully give myself to things I love to do with or for my children, it doesn't feel like volunteering at all. It feels like what Lauren said to me tonight, "You're the best mommy in world!" because I am present in the moment with my children and they know it...which is my motivation for doing 99% of the work I do.

The random Oreos (and coffee) are what give me the energy to keep doing it. ;)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs