PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jesus was A Poser

Mixing my kids and church as enlightened me in ways I never thought possible.

When we first started attending church, as the van was making its way to the service, the boys would imagine fantastic crash scenes where we would all die in an explosion involving bombs, the military, and aliens. However, they were POSITIVE we were all going to Heaven because we believed in Jesus AND we sang Veggie Tales.

And then came the night I was teaching class and started with the "Lord's Prayer:"
One of my sons decided that instead of ending with the common and well-known, "Amen" he would end with "Peace Out!"

He wanted God to be able to speak and understand the current language.

But, my favorite church happened on Good Friday this year.

One son wanted to know why I was dragging him to church on a perfectly fine Friday afternoon. His brother's reply: "This is day we go to church to honor Jesus for dying for us because a bunch of people wanted to punish him because they thought he was a poser.... They thought he was pretending be the Son of God and decided he should die for it....Right, Mom?"

Uh.....

Uhhh.....

Right, Son.

Because God speaks to His people in their language....just like my son did to his brother.

It's an amazing gift he has to transform an age old story into everyday language.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by 2711 Designs